About this Tour
Unquestionably one of the best day excursion in Cape Town is our full day Cape Town peninsula tour. Undoubtedly the most scenic drive around the Peninsula with many photo opportunities along the way. The scenic drive starts from Camps Bay and head’s south toward the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve. At this point almost the entire Cape Point Route falls within the Table Mountain National Park.
First stop Hout Bay for an optional boat excursion to see the seals colony at Duiker island, where one can see thousands of Cape Fur Seals close up in their natural habitat. Our next highlight on the way down the peninsula will be Chapman’s Peak Drive, while only 10km in length, there are over 100 tight, winding curves carved into the vertical rock face of the mountain. Follows a forty five minutes drive to reach the Good Hope nature reserve main entrance and a further twenty minutes to Cape Point.
Enough time is allocate for our guest to hike up to the old lighthouse however for those less inclined to hike, the Flying Dutchman Funicular take you 300 feet up the mountain. Lastly a short 5 minutes walk up to the old lighthouse.
Following our Cape Point visit, a fifteen minute drive take us down to the Cape of Good Hope the most southwestern tip in Africa. Our route back to Cape Town take us along False Bay and certainly one of today’s highlight the visit of the endangered African Penguins colony at Boulders. As a matter of fact in 1982 the first four penguins found their way to this beach and never left. From Boulders Beach, the route hugs the coast passing the towns of Simon’s Town, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, this beautiful stretch of beaches caters to surfers and water enthusiasts. Lastly the visit of Kirstenbosch Botanical garden. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is situated on the eastern slopes of Table Mountain, a part of the Cape Floral Kingdom Kirstenbosch home to approximately 7,000 plants species from all over South Africa.
To summarize a truly unforgettable experience!
Don’t wait book your Cape Town peninsula tour with us!
- CAMPS BAY & CLIFTON – Cape Town’s answer to St Tropez
- TWELVE APOSTLES – breath-taking mountain range
- LLANDUDNO – exclusive seaside village
- HOUT BAY
- Optional boat trip to seal colony – Duiker island
- CHAPMAN’S PEAK – spectacular views
- NOORDHOEK – pristine white beach
- OSTRICH VIEWING
- CAPE OF GOOD HOPE NATURE RESERVE
- CAPE FYNBOS – one of the worlds 6 floral kingdoms
- CAPE POINT
- CAPE OF GOOD HOPE – most South Westerly tip of Africa
- PENGUIN COLONY (optional)
- BOULDERS BEACH
- SIMON’S TOWN – naval village
- BOYE’S DRIVE – scenic coastal drive
- MUIZENBERG – beautiful 15km white beach
- CONSTANTIA VALLEY
- KIRSTENBOSCH BOTANICAL GARDENS (optional)
Click on the link